Tuesday 31 July 2012

Hello world!

So, a wee introduction...

I've been thinking about doing this whole blog thing for a while now and what form it might take. I've had a fascination for textiles and fashion and dressmaking and couture and costume and make-up and hair and - well, you get the point, for most of my life although, the idea of doing a blog about one thing only, seemed to me anyway, a tad dull.

I mean, the blogosphere is filled with 'how - to' videos (some better than others...),  'look-at-what-I-made' pics ( doesn't mean that what you've made is any good. Just saying...), or people wanting positive affirmation for mundane activities (fb status updates...) So, if I was going to 'blog' about something, anything - is that a verb now? - it had to be worth the effort, hopefully for me to spend the time collating and writing about and also for you to read. In other words, for me anyway, my blog had to encompass everything that interests me in relation to my, erm, interests! My work, my thoughts, my humour, my rants. Hey, it's my blog; if you want a good rant, get your own! I'll wander off-topic, I'll ramble, I'll digress, but hopefully all within the context of...textiles costumes make-up hair.

Oh, and in case any of you were wondering, All Fur Coats and Nae Knickers, is a Scottish colloquialism, and is generally meant to imply a surfeit of style over substance. It also reminds you, with humour, to take your work but not yourself too seriously. It pricks the pomposity of those who claim to know better. Hopefully though, I'll be able to provide a little substance along with the style.

And so, for what it's worth, I give you....
                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment